Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Progress on ICE

Since I last posted a couple of weeks ago, I've discarded some major design concepts in favor of better ones.  As they say, the proof is in the pudding, and in this case, you don't find out how good your design is until it makes it off the page and onto the screen.  In short, I've rethought some of the fundamental aspects of the ICE engine, and I believe what I have now is much better, both for my own app development purposes and for customers.  Sorry to be so vague, but I'm not much really into sharing internal technology details on a public forum.

Anyway, I think things are looking up, and I still believe the first fruits of my recent efforts will be showing up this next month, in the form of the scientific mode of Cool Calc.  Other stuff will appear a bit later, such as web/Windows versions, other apps like Cool Register, special-function pages for things like loan calculations, unit conversions, etc.  I'll keep you up to date as I have something to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment